Opportunities for Medical Students
Department of Pediatrics participates in the College of Medicine Medical Student Research Program (MSRP) with projects in various research areas. Below are a list of current projects in cellular and molecular therapy. To view other pediatric research projects, visit the UF Pediatric Research website.
- Developing Novel Approaches for the Treatment of Obesity
- Potential Gene Therapy of Sickle Cell Disease and β-Thalassemia
- Potential Gene Therapy of human liver cancer
- Development of recombinant AAV and parvovirus B19 vectors
- Transgenic and knockout mouse models to study parvovirus-induced pathogenicity, and the use of parvovirus vectors for gene transfer and gene therapy